Digitech GSP 2101 20MHz upgrade
This offer includes the Digitech "20MHz upgrade" for all Digitech GSP 2101 effects processors.
This upgrade works for ANY GSP2101, GSP2101 Artist, GSP2101 Limited Edition, GSP2101 LE or GSP 2101 Artist PRO!
This upgrade double the clock of the main processor (The Z80) from 10MHz to 20MHz.
Check your firmware version!!!
– switch off the GSP2101
– switch on the GSP2101 while watching the display.
– The firmware version is shown there while boot up.
– E.g. there is shown: "2.01.01.a." or "2.55.a"
The "2.01.01" or "2.55" indicates your firmware version.
The ".a" at the end of the firmware version describes, if your GSP2101 runs with 20MHz cycle frequency or not.
If you have a ".a" at the end of the firmware version the Z80 (the Z80 is the main-processor of your 2101) works with 20 MHz.
If you have no ".a" at the end of the firmware version the Z80 works with 10 MHz only.
You can install this 20MHz upgrade ONLY if you have firmware version 3.00 or 3.00.00. (without the .a)
If you don’t have firmware version 3.00 or 3.00.00 you will need the full Artist upgrade here.
Note: You don’t need to buy this 20MHz-upgrade if you buy the complete Artist upgrade here, since the Artist upgrade includes the 20MHz upgrade already.
After installing the 20 Mhz upgrade the GSP2101 needs to be reset. With that all settings will be lost. If you want to keep your presets you should consider to save your settings. The necessary software to store your presets via MIDI you will find in the zip-file (content of this offer here). In this patch file you will also find more then 500 patches for the GSP2101, programmed by the GSP2101 guru. These patches can be transmitted to your GSP2101 over MIDI.
Scope of delivery:
– 20 MHz upgrade, these are some electronic parts which need to be replaced (soldered) to the main board.
– a ZIP-file you’ll get more then 500 patches for the GSP2101, programmed by the GSP2101 guru. These patches can be transmitted to your GSP2101 over MIDI. This is not necessary for the upgrade, it is just a bonus from me
– the installation manual in English (0r German if you tell me)
If you need more GSP2101 stuff:
Check out my homepage:
GSP2101 Site Germany
You will get the following benefits by installing the 20MHz-upgrade:
You will double the clock of the main processor (The Z80) from 10MHz to 20MHz.
The speed increase is associated with:
– program changes
– higher multiplex speed of the 7 segment display and the LEDs
– expression controller responsiveness
– speed of response to user commands (operating system response)
– speed of boot up
– refresh rate of the display
– algorithm compilation
Attention: To install this upgrade you will need knowledge in soldering!